Imagine you’re shopping for nutrition bars at the grocery store. There’s an entire wall of bars. You reach out and grab a Zing Bar to learn more about it. From what you’ve learned in the ever-evolving world of nutrition, you know you want a bar made with quality, whole food ingredients containing adequate protein, healthy fats, and good carbohydrates. Congrats, you made the right choice! Zing Bars are made with a foundation of nutritional powerhouses, including cashews, almonds, hazelnuts, peanuts, sunflower seeds, and their creamy nut butters. This combination of full-bodied flavors, creamy and crunchy textures, and nutrient dense ingredients provide long-lasting energy and focus that you crave.
Why Nut and Seed Butters Are Key IngredientsThe original intention behind the creation of Zing Bars was to build a delicious AND nutritious bar. In the quest for the perfect recipe, the priority is to create a strong foundation and then build bold flavors around it. Our key ingredients, including cashews, almonds, hazelnuts, peanuts and their creamy nut butters, are loaded with protein and heart-healthy fats, as well as ample amounts of dietary fiber. We use a variety of nuts and seeds because each type of nut has its own unique set of benefits:
- Cashews have high amounts of monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats to help reduce LDL cholesterol, which reduces the risk of heart disease, strokes and heart attacks.
- Almonds boast high levels of Vitamin E, an antioxidant that helps prevent oxidative damage in the body.
- Hazelnuts help balance hormones and support female wellness.
- Peanuts contain over 30 essential vitamins and nutrients and are considered a Superfood.
Dual Purpose Nutrition: Nuts and Seeds Provide Healthy Fats and ProteinNuts and seeds play a multifunctional role in our foundation of ingredients. Not only are they packed with heart healthy fats, but they are also loaded with protein. Fat is an essential nutrient of the body because it contributes to cell composition, helps manage cholesterol, boosts the immune system and maintains a healthy metabolism. Healthy fats, like those found in avocados, olives, nuts, and seeds moderate our digestion, stabilize blood sugar, and keep our brain focused on the task at hand. Good fats also assist in absorbing critical nutrients like vitamins A, D, and E, which are essential for repairing cell damage and maintaining a robust immune system. The second role of nuts and seeds in our base ingredient recipe is to pack a punch of protein, an essential macronutrient that supports the body in a number of ways:
- Builds muscles and hormones
- Stimulates metabolism
- Keeps blood sugar levels even
- Maintains steady energy and focus
- Supplies nutrients for cell repair and maintenance